Mineral Insulated Cables, Manufacturer, Supplier, Exporter, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Cables (M.I. Cables)
|We introduce our latest addition in the cable line
which is the mineral – insulated, metal sheathed cable
products. The applications of MI Cable are many such as blast
furnace, atomic research, nuclear reactors, Kilns and many more. Our
product catalogue will help you in understanding and selecting MI
cables for your application requirements. We provide our customers
from standard as well as custom made products according to the needs
of the customer, our lines are flexible and ready to meet the
|We manufacture cables in four
distinct product lines:
• Thermocouple cables for measuring temperature.
• RTD extension cables for use with resistance temperature
• Micro – Heater cables for unique industrial heating
• Mineral Insulated Power Cable Any Special Cable which requires
• temperature and rugged insulation
|Features of MI Cables
|Sheathed Thermocouple Cables have an outer sheath
of metal with Two to Eight Cores where positive and negative
thermoelements run around Circular Pattern , embedded in MgO.
Mineral Insulated Cables are suitable to high Mechanical, Chemical,
and Electrical stability. Due to good Flexibility, Excellent
mechanical strength, and pressure resistance, mineral insulated
Thermocouples/RTD's can be installed in complex installations. One
or more wire like conductors (cores) are embedded in a high
insulation quality MGO and pressed into a metal tube (sheath) made
of oxidation and corrosion resistant material. The entire
combination is then processed using suitable forming steps to obtain
the final dimensions.
|• Mechanical Strength: The High Mechanical Strength
of MI cables can be attributed to the compact structure of MI Cables
consisting of densely packed insulation material MgO with tough
metal sheath which firmly places the conductors in the compound. The
banding radius in 3 to 5 times the outer diameter.
• Long Life: The manufacturing of MI Cables is such that it
ensures long conductor life as the sheath and insulation present in
the MI Cable help the wire stand against harsh environmental
conditions. This helps in the accurate calibration.
• Corrosion and Scaling Resistance:MI Cable manufactured in our
facility are corrosion and scaling resistant, so they can withstand
harsh or unfavorable environmental conditions.
• Long Length: We provide long lengths of MI Cable which were not
available in the past.
• Quick Response: Quick heat transfer takes place in the MI Cable
due to high thermal conductivity and small mass, which assures fast
and speedy response.
• Radiation Resistance: The Radiation Resistance feature of MI
Cables is a boon in application which involves high radiation. These
are widely used in the primary circuits and inside the core in the
• Safety: The MI Cables are highly fire resistant due to the use
of insulation materials such as Mgo. These cables are highly
recommended from safety point of view.
• Moisture/Pressure: The homogeneity in metal sheath help the
cable to tolerate high external pressure by not allowing the flow of
majority of liquid and gaseous particles.
|Processing of MI cables
|• Sintering Of MgO:Raw Mgo is hygroscopic, so it is
to be sintered to remove the moisture contents from MgO. Then MgO is
put inside the furnace at a temperature of 1280°C for around 5
• Drawing Of Sheath with Raw Materials: Reduce the diameter of MI
cable step by step. Employing special equipments.
• Annealing Of Cable:Annealing of MI cable in a furnace having
five zones at different temperatures depending on material types &
Testing And Calibration :
• Calibration at three temperature point. • Insulation resistance
test. • Dimension test (conductor diameter, wall thickness, outer
diameter. • Loop resistance test. • Continuity test etc.
• Packaging and Storage: Storing in dry & dust free atmosphere
with proper tagging. The magnesium oxide insulation is hygroscopic.
To prevent moisture penetration, both ends are sealed. Under extreme
conditions some moisture absorption could take place in spite of the
sealing , so a dry place is desirable for storage. When pieces are
cut from stock lengths, the exposed ends to be sealed at once. If at
all Moisture has entered, this will lower the insulation resistance
and may prove troublesome in welding. Moisture Penetration can be
corrected by heating the sheath.
• Tagging: Each coil is fitted with a temporary seal to prevent
moisture ingress during storage and shipping. Each coil is tagged to
uniquely identify it for traceability purposes.
• Dispatch and Test Certificate